Sunday, September 27, 2009

because leopards never change their spots...


Like most ladies, I have a servere addition for high heels, the higher the more exciting and the more costly… the bigger the head rush. Christian Louboutin, an icon in his own right, and in my terms ‘the king of high heels’ seems to tip the top of stiletto mountain. A destiny set in stone, influenced by the things he loved and adored around him, he was surely destined to be something spectacular. Ladies from around the globe know that this name is synonymous with style, success, confidence and not to mention a red sole.

Louboutin styles that always flash in my mind, the ever classic black patent ‘decolette’, or the disco-like ‘Bling Bling’ peep toe pumps and I can’t forget, the striking yet defiant Leopard Pigalle. Anything that propels you approximately 5 inches into the super model stratosphere takes my fancy any time.

These heeled statues inspire me from one reason to the next, from the next outfit, the excitement of possibly owning a pair and how long I will have to starve for so I can add another to my collection!

As we waltz throughout our life (high-heeled or not) we all wonder what has influenced us to take the paths in which we action today, and will proceed with tomorrow. Family, friends, enemies, mentors, celebrities, teachers, heroes, icon’s all seem to contribute to the person that we want to grow up into, want to be remembered by, whether it be for better or for worse. Do some people just seem to have a lucky start in life, while others seem to struggle with things that come so easy to some? Do you want to be the best you can be, or will you sit back and just accept what you have and where you are, and simply just not try anymore. How are you motivated to get what you want out of life, if on the wrong path, can you change to make a stronger destiny for yourself or will you just let fate be your mate.

They say time can change people, that time apparently heals deep wounds and that time makes you grow up, whether you want to or not. Time also gives you the chance to develop within yourself, to find the person you are and realise what you need and what you don’t need. We do however, need people who will support us, look after us and inspire us on our journeys throughout life.

And as for me, I’ll be behaving myself so I can have these fabulous leopard print darlings, and as they say sadly ‘Leopards never change their spots’, but I’ll leave that up to you to decipher.
x !






No comments:

Post a Comment